VOTE on November 6, 2018
Mary Rose Kaczorowski for Fort Bragg City Council
Moving Forward with Sustainable and Smart Growth Solutions
“Democracy without women is incomplete.”
-Mary Rose Kaczorowski
MY PRIORITIES – With Your Help:
- Engage all sectors of our community to work on creative and sustainable solutions to achieve affordable housing and end homelessness
- More input from youth, seniors, and non-resident Fort Bragg small business owners
- Establish a think-tank forum and identify the city’s best growth options – outreach to our young and innovative entrepreneurs; help more youth and women establish businesses
- Increase self-reliant neighborhood-based emergency and disaster preparedness
- Child/Elder care stipend benefit for City Council/city workers
- Urban Forest Program – youth and households plant and care for street and yard trees
- Create a “tech hub” for small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Increase affordable opportunities for artists to showcase and sell their work
- Move forward on downtown historic district fire prevention and sprinkler systems
- Mill site next steps
- Create a Citizen Review and Advisory Committee to use local expertise to examine and assess the full knowledge of what has been gathered as we move toward the next phase on zoning and mill site use options
- Provide opportunities for exploring all/alternative strategies
- Full clean-up of mill site ponds, secure mill site open space, rehabilitate and protect creeks and wetlands ecosystems
- Support next steps for a marine science research center
- Explore moving forward on energy self-sufficiency with alternative energy systems for households and rentals; partner with local agencies such as North Coast Energy Services
We all play a part in ensuring that our neighbors enjoy safety and opportunities to prosper. I aim to work with you to see how we can do more with the community resources we have. A city’s success is measured in the strength of our community participation, our economy, and our social conditions—public health, families, veterans, seniors, youth, LGBT community, cultural and physical environment. Our city cannot solve problems without you.
Recommended reading: Turning promises into action: Gender equality in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (UN Women)
Note: Campaign contributions may be sent to “Kaczorowski for City Council” – P.O. Box 1684, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 – IRS EIN #83-1659786.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Mary Rose Kaczorowski is a candidate for Fort Bragg City Council. Currently serving as a volunteer for many local nonprofit organizations, Mary Rose previously worked as a journalist, credentialed Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) representative, and classroom instructor. A College of the Redwoods graduate, she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy from Mills College, Oakland, a Master of Arts in Theological Studies from the Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, and a Certificate in Non-Profit Management from California State University.
ABOUT COAST WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Coast Women in Business supports the business community on the coast. We meet monthly to foster entrepreneurship and professional development on the Mendocino Coast and beyond. We’re affiliated with and sponsored by West Company.
Our membership fees are $50 annually or $10 per drop-in meeting. Your first meeting is always free, and we offer a limited number of need-based memberships—please inquire. We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!