- This event has passed.
NAVIGATING DIFFICULT PERSONNEL DECISIONS
November 12 @ 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Join Coast Women in Business on Thursday, November 12, 2020 via Zoom video conferencing and learn how to navigate some of the most difficult personnel decisions.
Managing employees in “normal” times creates many challenges for employers. Today we face the additional challenges of a pandemic which has changed the way we work in so many ways.
Topics we’ll cover include:
- When trying to improve employee performance doesn’t make sense
- Is the traditional performance review dead? How to give effective feedback.
- Employee versus independent contractor – has California Assembly Bill 5 (AB5) killed the contractor relationship?
- COVID-19 – a scapegoat for lawsuits? Tread lightly on employment decisions.
During our virtual meeting, feel free to put any questions in chat so that presenter and moderators can make sure you get the information you need. We can all sip a ☕ beverage 🍵 of our choice in lieu of the complimentary coffee and tea we usually provide at our in-person meetings.
Free via Zoom: bit.ly/3hVEgBk
We welcome all—all races, all genders, all countries of origin, all sexual orientations.
8 AM – Networking
8:15 AM – Introductions
8:30-9:15 AM – Interactive program
9:15 AM – Announcements
9:30 AM – Meeting ends
Free for Coast Women in Business members and nonmembers
About the Presenter
Human resources specialist Lisa McCormack of Affogato Consulting has worked with various companies in the development of HR programs and is an advisor with the West Business Development Center. Lisa makes it clear that understanding the importance of implementing a strong foundation is key to operating a safe and legal environment.
About Coast Women in Business
Coast Women in Business meets monthly to foster entrepreneurship and professional development on the Mendocino Coast and beyond. Membership fees are $50 annually or $10 per drop-in meeting.
Note: We welcome all—all races, all genders, all countries of origin, all sexual orientations.
Your first meeting is always free, and we offer a limited number of need-based memberships—please inquire. We’re sponsored by the West Business Development Center. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
- December: Thursday, December 10 – topic: Marketing with Radio and TV – presenters: Jamie Connolly with KOZT, Katharine Cole with KZYX, Terrence (Terry) Vaughn with Mendocino TV, and Karin Uphoff with Corners of the Mouth; moderator: Cathryn Hrudicka with Creative Sage™
- January: Thursday, January 14 – topic: Setting Goals in 2021: Building Resilience into Your Business – presenter: Steve Lamb with West Business Development Center