Human Resources 101
October 16 @ 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
TOPIC: Human Resources 101
INSTRUCTOR: Lisa McCormack
WHERE: West Business Development Center, 345 North Franklin Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
COST: $20 West Center clients; $25 Coast Women in Business and Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce members; $30 general admission
Whether you’re a solo practitioner or run a business with employees, this workshop will provide key insights on the importance of human resources (HR) to your business. Understand the importance of culture in making decisions about HR policies and practices. Learn the differences among employees, interns, volunteers, and contractors including the new state of California contractor test.
Gain an understanding of what are mandatory and voluntary benefits. Understand how you can grow your company while complying with the myriad of state and federal regulations that apply to your organization.
What you’ll learn in this workshop:
- What’s HR and your responsibility
- Understand the difference among employees, interns, and contractors
- Learn what employee benefits are mandatory vs. voluntary
- Understand which laws apply to your company, according to size
In addition to this workshop, you’ll receive access to 2 webinars that dive deeper into the following topics:
- October 23, 2019 12-1 PM – Hiring for Success
Learn about the following:
- Difference between a good and bad hire
- How to consistently make better hires
- Reduce turnover by hiring the right person for the job
- November 6, 2019 12-1 PM – Take a Wrecking Ball to Your Annual Performance Review Process
Learn about the following:
- Understand why traditional performance review processes fail
- Gain knowledge of alternatives to traditional performance reviews
- Feel confident to implement a new approach to performance management that your managers and employees will embrace
HR specialist Lisa McCormack of Affogato Consulting has worked with various companies in the development of HR programs. She’s also an advisor with the West Business Development Center. Lisa understands the importance of implementing a strong foundation and that it’s key to operating a safe and legal environment.
West Business Development Center – 345 N Franklin St. Fort Bragg, CA 95437
- $20 West Center clients
- $25 Coast Women in Business and Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce members
- $30 general admission
Disclaimer: In the event that the West Center must cancel a workshop for any reason, all registered participants will be notified and 100% of the fee refunded.
We ask all workshop attendees to be in the classroom and in their seats 10 minutes prior to the class start time.
Get Started with West Center
You’ve seen those entrepreneurs succeed in following their passions. Now it’s time to join them—get started and become a West Business Development Center client.